You're reading this so we've established you love Christmas. Maybe you love it as much as you love ugly Christmas jumpers and shirts. Maybe you even have an entire collection of them waiting to worn. In fact, maybe you love them so much you want to host your own ugly Christmas jumper and shirt party. If this is the case for you, then what are you waiting for? Here’s all you need to know about how to host the best ugly Christmas jumper (or shirt) party.
- Create fun, eye-catching invitations. You want your invitations to be just as loud as your party. Be creative about it. You can use an ugly sweater print so people get the theme of the party. The invitations do not have to be expensive either. You can create your own on various printing websites or just create them yourself on your own computer. Be creative and don’t over think it!
- Or you can make an awesome invite online for all your family and friends. If everyone you know is into social media and you know they are bound to check your invite, why not try this method instead?
- Make some killer ugly Christmas jumper (or shirt) decorations and centrepieces. You want to grab everyones attention with your ugly Christmas jumper and shirt themed party so make sure to decorate accordingly. Use balls of yarn in various sizes places in glass jars or even make little ugly Christmas jumper and shirt candle holders. If you are stumped on what to do, get inspiration from sites such as Pinterest, which will sure get your creative juices flowing.
- Create fun and unique party favors for your guests. Give your guest something quirky so they will remember the night. Perhaps it’s an honorary ugly Christmas pin or maybe it’s a knitted bag filled with delicious candy. Add your own special touch by writing a personal note to everyone who came to your party and made it a success.
- Plan out a festive menu. You want it to be in the Christmas spirit so make sure your food represents the theme. Why not create your own drink like a “Santa's Festive Fizz” where you can make both alcoholic and non-alcoholic versions of it. As for food, you can bake gingerbread men and adorn them with cute ugly Christmas jumpers or shirts of their own. Check out Gingerbread Party Shirts for some inspiration.
- Make sure to incorporate some fun games. Since all your guests will be arriving in ugly Christmas jumpers and shirts, why not create some friendly competition? You can have each person vote and participate in games such as the: Best Christmas Jumper, Best Christmas Shirt, Best Handmade Christmas Jumper, Best Handmade Christmas Shirt, Best Couple’s Christmas Jumper, Best Couples Christmas Shirt, the Ugliest Christmas Jumper, the Ugliest Christmas Shirt and of course a wooden spoon for the person who put the least effort in.
Like these Christmas shirt guys!
Remember there is no right or wrong way to plan a party. Do what you think will be awesome and just have fun. Even if everything doesn’t go according to plan, just have fun and enjoy the company of your close friends and family. If it is a hit, why not make it an annual thing to kick off the holiday season and get things started on the right foot?