All good things come in 12s.
And of course.
Christmas is a time for tradition and The 12 Pubs of Christmas is one of those traditions enjoyed the world over.
It's a time when friends and family can meet up and share a drink in a few of their favourite pubs.
And thank heavens for that!
Because there's no better way to have the craic, than with an evening spent in a dozen pubs.
Of course with any strong tradition there has to be rules.
So, here are the rules we like to play by.
First a word of warning – this challenge isn't for the faint hearted!
The 12 Pubs of Christmas Rules (General)
- Visit 12 Pubs in one evening
- Have one drink per pub
- Only spend 30 minutes in each pub
- Everyone must wear a Christmas jumper or Christmas Shirt
To add a little bit more fun to the night, rules can be assigned to each pub.
These are totally optional.
It's good practice to assign forfeits prior to embarking on the journey and to nominate an enforcer to ensure the forfeits are upheld and no arguments spoil the fun.
The 12 Pubs of Christmas Rules (Pub Specific)
- The left hand pub – drink with your left hand only
- The no swearing pub – no swearing
- The no names pub – no names or nicknames are allowed
- The James Bond pub – each participant to speak in a their favourite James Bond accent
- The one-man-wolf-pack pub – participants may not communicate with, or acknowledge, one another
- The sitting down pub – no standing
- The standing pub – no sitting
- The no toilet pub – no toilet breaks
- The compliment pub - each participant must give a stranger a compliment
- The shot pub – all participants must have a shot
- The last push pub – no rules, almost there!
- The everest pub - celebrate your achievement
The 12 Pubs of Christmas Dress Code
It's got to be festive!
Anything in keeping with the silly season.
The 12 Pubs of Christmas Featured Locations
- Baggot Street, Dublin 2, Ireland
- More to come!