Five Ways to Get Into the Mood This Holiday Season (Ladies Edition)
Let’s face it. The holidays can be a stressful time for you and your beau. What this usually means is that your sex life dwindles down to pretty much nothing. But it doesn’t have to be this way! Christmas time should be a great time for you and your partner to reconnect in the bedroom. Don’t think of it as a chore; rather, think of it as a treat amidst all that chaos that normally comes with the Christmas holidays. Here are some ways for you to get into the mood this holiday season.
- Create a sensual ritual. Sometimes you just need to set the mood for yourself before you can even think about having sex. So take some time to relax, dim the lights so the room is only lit by your Christmas tree, take a bath, pamper your skin with a delicious smelling lotion, slip into something slinky, silky and sexy, and just relax. If you really want to get riled up before you see him, touch yourself and begin the stimulation yourself.
- Have a night dedicated to just the two of you. With all the hustle and bustle you lose attention of each other. Having a full night dedicated to each other is a great way to reconnect physically and mentally. You can create a romantic setting or just lounge around with each other (being naked during lounge time is completely optional, but highly recommended). You don’t necessarily have to have sex, just let it come naturally.
- Cuddle. If the weather outside is frightful, stay snuggled together naked in bed. Often time, catching some rest and spooning is a great way to get into the mood. The skin on skin contact, mixed with mutual attraction is a sure fire way to get each other in the mood.
- Play out and your holiday fantasies. Perhaps you know he’s always wanted you to be a literal present (meaning he wants to come home and find you with nothing on but a gift bow). Fuel the fantasy and give him what he wants. Watch as his mouth drops to the floor when you reveal his surprise.
- Show some PDA while out Christmas shopping. Plan a day where you two go shopping together. Besides getting your shopping done, you can get frisky with each other. Accidentally slip and touch his package while reaching for something, give each other a deep kiss while on the escalator. You can even take a break and do some shopping for you and make a show out of it. Go to your favorite lingerie store and give him a little show in the fitting room. It’s a great way for you and him raring to go.
The best way to get in the mood is to not think of sex as an obligation. Have fun and think of it as a way to relief some of that holiday stress you both have been dealing with. I guarantee you will get yourself into a different kind of holiday spirit.
Four Aphrodisiac Recipes This Christmas
With the cold weather motivating us to stay inside and stay warm, this is the perfect time to take advantage of spending some romantic moments with your partner. Why not set the mood even further by cooking and savoring some new aphrodisiac recipes? Below are five recipes for you to create and taste to help you get into a wonderfully romantic mood.
While many people consider wine to be an aphrodisiac, many don’t realize red wine has health benefits as well. Red wine contains resveratrol, which is beneficial to the body since it does boost circulation. What does that mean for you in the bedroom? Better chances for great orgasms! Here is a simple recipe for mulled wine to warm your souls.
- Your choice of red wine, I’d choose between a Cabernet Sauvignon or Merlot
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 3 cloves
- 3 star anise
- Zest of 1 lemon and 1 orange
- ¼ cup of honey
- 2 nutmegs (cracked)
Place all your spices into a cheese cloth or a tea infuser (so you can easily discard it later). Combine all your ingredients into a large pot and heat it over medium-heat. Make sure you do not let it boil. This should take about ten minutes. Once it’s been heated, you can remove the spices to avoid oversaturation. Keep the wine warm with very low heat until you are ready to serve.
Caviar with Smoked Salmon and Cream Cheese
Caviar is filled with zinc which boosts testosterone and can help you get in the mood all night all. This food is versatile in how it’s used. You can top this on eggs or smoked salmon, like this recipe below.
- 1 packet of smoked salmon (or if you can get it fresh)
- 8 ounces of cream cheese
- 4 ounces caviar
- 1 English Cucumber sliced
This recipe is fairly easy. Slice the cucumber in discs (they should be about a quarter inch thick). Set them on a sheet. Spread the cream cheese on the slices. Layer the smoked salmon on top and follow by spooning small portions of caviar onto the smoked salmon. Chill until you are ready to serve.
Cinnamon Roasted Almonds
Almonds have historically been a symbol of fertility and is believed to bring out the passion in women. Here is a quick but delicious recipe to get you feeling all sorts of nice.
- 1 egg white
- 1 teaspoon cold water
- Almonds (about 4 cups)
- ¾ cup sugar (white)
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¾ teaspoon cinnamon
Set the oven to 120 degrees C to preheat. Grease a baking pan with cooking spray or cooking oil. Beat the egg white until frothy and stir in the almonds until they are coated. Remove almonds and from the egg white mixture to remove the excess egg white. Mix the dry ingredients and then combine into the same bowl as the almonds. Coat evenly and transfer the nuts to the baking sheet. Bake for 1 hour until golden. You should stir the nuts occasionally.
Figs and Prosciutto
Not only are figs delicious, but they were known for the aphrodisiac qualities by the Romans. Here is a quick but delicious recipe to whip up to set the mood.
- Whole figs cut in half (about 6 figs is enough for two people)
- Thinly slice prosciutto
- Balsamic glaze
Clean and cut the figs into halves. Cut the slices of prosciutto in half and wrap one of the halves around the figs. Drizzle with the balsamic glaze and then serve.
We hope these recipes will help set the romantic mood for you and your partner during those long winter nights!
Five Sexy Christmas Present Ideas for a Man
Sometimes it can be hard to find the right gift for your partner. But I know one gift no man will turn down… the gift of sex! Maybe this year you want to give your guy a Christmas gift that is X-Rated. One that you can both enjoy. If this is the case for you, check out this list of steamy gift ideas to get you both riled up to have a very very naughty Christmas indeed!
- A kink kit. Yep, it's a thing. Just like shaving kits or cologne sets, there are naughty and extremely sexy kits available for your man. Often times, these kits are starter kits that can begin your collection or grow your repertoire of sex toys and accompaniments. There are plenty of online sex stores selling these kits and will ship to your house discreetly so your neighbours will be none the wiser. Your kit can be based on your bedroom taste. Do you prefer full fledge romance with satin blindfolds or perhaps you wish to try to dabble in the bondage department a la “50 Shades of Grey” style? Whatever you wish, there is something to fit your taste.
- Role-play as Santa and his mischievous elf. If your man has expressed an interested in roleplaying, why not try some holiday roleplaying? All you need is a sexy Santa outfit for him and a scantily clad elf outfit for yourself and let your imagination run wild!
- Do-it-yourself sex vouchers. Maybe you are a little more creative and while you to give something sexual, you still want it to be as intimate and as personal as possible. Why not create a coupon booklet of sexual favor vouchers for him? The steaminess level can be up to you. Throw in some massages but also make sure to throw in some spicier vouchers as well. For example, create a voucher where you both must try a new sexual position or one where you must give him a “hands-free orgasm.” Be creative!
- Give him the gift of reading. Books aren’t boring! Especially if you give him a holiday themed erotica book. To get him even more riled, read the chapters to him while scantily clad, teasing him. Have him anticipate what’s to come.
- Give yourself as a present. When all else fails, purchase some sexy holiday themed lingerie (or if you prefer just a big ribbon bow to “wrap” yourself in), don your sexiest pair of heels, and be one of the best Christmas presents he’ll ever had. Blow his mind with your sexual prowess. Also, make sure to also set the mood by paying attention to the little details like only have your tree lights on, glasses of mulled wine or spiked eggnog, and a freshly made bed waiting to be ravaged.
Don’t think too hard when it comes to get your man a steamy gift for the holidays. If you know you’ll enjoy it in the bedroom, chances are he will be excited to try it as well. So what has been the sexiest present you’ve ever given to your beau? We’re sure it was an experience to remember!
Five Sexy Christmas Present Ideas for a Woman
Is your girlfriend a sexual goddess in bed? Then why not appease her by getting her a sexy Christmas present, or two.
It’s a win-win!!
First she unwraps her present then she’ll invite you to unwrap her.
If you’re stumped as to what to get her, here are five sexy Christmas gift ideas for her.
- Build up the tension with some sexy bowcuffs. You’ve heard me right, bowcuffs. Unlike traditional handcuffs or those tacky furry cuffs, these are stylish and classy. Often made with high quality materials like leather, these will feel like butter against her skin as opposed to the abrasive cold metal. It’s a great way to tease and incorporate more foreplay into your intimate holiday fun.
- The gift of a personal massage. Your lovely lady has probably built up a lot of tension from holiday shopping, event planning, and bill paying. A great way to alleviate all this stress and tension is to pamper her with a personal massage. You can even take it a step further by taking a massage class. Don’t skimp! Pay attention to all her areas and make sure it’s not a five minute massage. You want her to be putty in your hands.
- A high quality personal vibrator. Some people may argue that any type of vibrator will do the job; however, you want to spoil your gal with something luxurious. Take the time to read reviews and look for a vibrator that has all the stops. This way you know she’ll be able to take care of herself on those days you aren’t around. Some vibrators comes with various settings others can pulse with music, some can even remember the speed combination she prefers. So do your research to find the perfect fit for her!
- A full romantic night planned. Take charge and plan a romantic evening with her. Take it a step further and purchase her a beautiful set of lingerie to wear under her outfit (which you can choose as well). Whether it’s a concert to her favorite band or a five-course dinner at a restaurant you’ve been wanting to try, make sure she doesn’t do any of the planning so everything is a surprise. She’ll be so impressed she won’t be able to wait to show her appreciation when you both get home.
- Get her a naughty sex game. There are plenty of new games out that appeal to the bedroom department. They have items such as role-playing cards which allow you to just focus on the fun rather than worrying about the costumes and the setup. You can even purchase a kit of some sort that will help you both try out new sex positions and explore your sexuality even more.
We know that your missus will love the sexy gifts you choose for her. If they happen to be one of the ideas we talked about, we would love to know!
The 12 Pubs Of Christmas - The Rules
All good things come in 12s.
And of course.
Christmas is a time for tradition and The 12 Pubs of Christmas is one of those traditions enjoyed the world over.
It's a time when friends and family can meet up and share a drink in a few of their favourite pubs.
And thank heavens for that!
Because there's no better way to have the craic, than with an evening spent in a dozen pubs.
Of course with any strong tradition there has to be rules.
So, here are the rules we like to play by.
First a word of warning – this challenge isn't for the faint hearted!
The 12 Pubs of Christmas Rules (General)
- Visit 12 Pubs in one evening
- Have one drink per pub
- Only spend 30 minutes in each pub
- Everyone must wear a Christmas jumper or Christmas Shirt
To add a little bit more fun to the night, rules can be assigned to each pub.
These are totally optional.
It's good practice to assign forfeits prior to embarking on the journey and to nominate an enforcer to ensure the forfeits are upheld and no arguments spoil the fun.
The 12 Pubs of Christmas Rules (Pub Specific)
- The left hand pub – drink with your left hand only
- The no swearing pub – no swearing
- The no names pub – no names or nicknames are allowed
- The James Bond pub – each participant to speak in a their favourite James Bond accent
- The one-man-wolf-pack pub – participants may not communicate with, or acknowledge, one another
- The sitting down pub – no standing
- The standing pub – no sitting
- The no toilet pub – no toilet breaks
- The compliment pub - each participant must give a stranger a compliment
- The shot pub – all participants must have a shot
- The last push pub – no rules, almost there!
- The everest pub - celebrate your achievement
The 12 Pubs of Christmas Dress Code
It's got to be festive!
Anything in keeping with the silly season.
The 12 Pubs of Christmas Featured Locations
- Baggot Street, Dublin 2, Ireland
- More to come!